- Wednesday, October 3, 2017, 7:30pm – Wiltshire Music Centre, Bradford on Avon:
North to South
GRIEG selection from Album for male choir
RACHMANINOV solo songs
TCHEREPNIN horn quartets
WAGNER Chorus of Norwegian Sailors; Pilgrims’ Chorus
POULENC Quatre petites prieres de Saint François d’Assise
PUCCINI ‘O mio babbino caro’ & ‘Chi il bel sogno di Doretta’
WOLF selection from the Italian Songbook
VERDI Anvil Chorus
Maria Danishvar Brown soprano
Niall Hoskin baritone
Steven Hollas piano
Cornucopia Horn Quartet and Men’s choir
Michael Daniels conductor
Tickets: £15 (£5 students) at the door. Further information: www.wiltshiremusic.org.uk or 01225 860100
A programme in two halves. Starting in northern Europe, the first part
features music from Norway and Russia, including songs by Grieg and
Rachmaninov as well as some delightful horn quartets by Tcherepnin.
The scond half transports us to Italy for well-known operatic arias and
choruses by Verdi, Puccini and Wagner. Songs by Hugo Wolf, a set of
beautifully expressive motets by Francis Poulenc and Schubert’s
delightful evocation of the canals of Venice, ‘Der Godelfahrer’, complete
- September 20, 2017 – Holy Trinity Church, Bradford on Avon:
Men with Horns
Music by Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Bruckner, Poulenc, Wagner & Gordon Carr.
- January 22, 2017 – Wiltshire Music Centre, Bradford on Avon:
Men with Horns go Bohemian
Dvorak’s ‘Song to the moon’ and ‘From a Bouquet of Slavonic folk-songs’, Hunters’ chorus (Weber’s ‘Der Freischütz’), 2 arias from Mozart’s Don Giovanni and music by Smetana, Reicha, Hummel & Mahler. Premiere of new songs by Gordon Carr.
Maria Danishvar soprano & Niall Hoskin baritone
- December 9, 2016 – Countess of Huntingdon’s Chapel, Bath:
With Nicki Woodward flute & Niall Hoskin baritone
Doppler, Gordon Carr’s Chinese Songs, Debussy, Haydn, F.Strauss
- July 12, 2016 – Holburne Museum, Bath:
Men without Horns
Music by Mozart, Beethoven, Weber, Gluck, Dvorak, Mahler & Rheinberger.
- January 24, 2016 – Wiltshire Music Centre, Bradford on Avon:
Men with Horns go to Vienna
Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms, Strauss, Bruckner, Mahler, Schönberg.
- November 25, 2015 – Countess of Huntingdon’s Chapel (Museum of Bath Architecture):
Schumann, Brahms, Richter & Bruckner.
- March 10, 2015 – Chipping Sodbury Town Hall:
Choir and Cornucopia perform music by Schubert, Neukomm, Schumann, Johann Strauss and Elgar. Niall Hoskin (solo baritone) and Mike Daniels (conductor).
- November 26, 2014 – Countess of Huntingdon’s Chapel, Bath:
Men with Organ
Rheinberger’s Mass in F major and a part-song by Ed Bettella. Solo baritone: Niall Hoskin; conducted by Mike Daniels.
- November 19, 2014 – Countess of Huntingdon’s Chapel, Bath:
Purcell, Thomas Bateson, John Ward, Rimsky-Korsakov, F D Weber and Jan Koetsier.
- March 4, 2014 – Holburne Museum, Bath:
Men without Horns
Rossini, Mozart, Bellman, Schubert, Wesley
Niall Hoskin (baritone soloist)
- January 19, 2014 – Wiltshire Music Centre, Bradford on Avon:
Peter Kirk (tenor) and Steven Hollas (piano).
- September 22, 2013 – Wiltshire Music Centre, Bradford on Avon:
Nightsong by Moonlight
Weber, Wagner, Schubert, Schumann, Bruckner and Wolf.
Peter Kirk (tenor) & Niall Hoskin (baritone).
- April 28, 2013 – Rook Lane Chapel, Frome:
Nightsong in the Spring
Schubert, Weber, Berlioz, Schumann, Wagner, Wolf, Mahler and Goldmark.
Peter Kirk (tenor) and Niall Hoskin (baritone).
- January 22, 2013 – Holburne Museum, Bath:
Men without Horns
Schubert, Haydn, Beethoven, Weber.
Niall Hoskin solo baritone accompanied by Steven Hollas on the museum’s Viennese fortepiano (c.1800).
- September 30, 2012 – Wiltshire Music Centre, Bradford on Avon:
Nightsong on the Water
Schubert’s Der Gondelfahrer & Nachtgesang im Walde, Weber’s Hunters’ chorus (der Freischütz), Bruckner’s Abendzauber, which includes a trio of female yodellers, Wagner’s Sailors’ chorus from The Flying Dutchman.
- February 5, 2012 – Rook Lane Chapel, Frome:
Nightsong in the Snow
Schubert’s Nachthelle, Ständchen, Bruckner’s Abendzauber, songs from Winterreise. Soloists: Peter Kirk and Greg Skidmore
- July 3, 2011 – Wiltshire Music Centre, Bradford-on-Avon:
Nightsong in the Forest
Schubert’s Nachtgesang im Walde, Ständchen, Auf dem Strom, Schumann’s 5 Hunting Songs, Wagner’s Pilgrims’ chorus from Tannhäuser, Rossini’s Rendez-vous de chasse